Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Enviro. Ed. Course - Professional Development Days
This short course has been designed for people interested in creating change for sustainability through education and communication. CERES has been in the business of educating students and the community in sustainability for over 30 years. Our experienced educators will take you through experiential approaches to environmental education and effective ways to change behaviours and take action for sustainability. The learner will gain theoretical knowledge and practical techniques to create immersive learning experiences. The course will cover resource use, environmental management, behaviour change and community engagement. Be inspired by our existing programs and demonstration landscape. CERES educators and industry mentors will share their experiences educating and communicating to students, teachers, organisations and community members how to reduce their impact on the earth.
As a part of the Environmental Education Course we are offering sessions 2 - 6 as a professional development day for teachers, interested parties and professionals.
Session 2 - Biodiversity & Sustainable Food Systems
Session 3 - Energy Use, Climate Change and Renewable Energy
Session 4 - Waste, Organic Recycling and Life Cycle Analysis
Session 5 - Water Use, Quality and Sensitive Urban Design
Session 6 - People, Behaviour Change and Community Engagement
Each session has been crafted to involve the learner in the topic. Participants will have the opportunity to workshop and practice what they have learnt.
- Background in Education for Sustainability and engaged with mentors and industry
- Immersion in topics of Biodiversity, Energy, Waste, Water, Behaviour Change and Community Engagement
- How to create your own activities
- Experience in creating your own environmental education activities
- Connection with mentors and people in the sector
- A network of like minded students
- Comfortable enclosed shoes/boots
- Appropriate weather gear eg sunhat
- Pen and paper
- Enthusiasm to learn and get your hands dirty’
Casual (Warning: This might get messy)
People interested in creating change for sustainability through education and communication.