Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Exploring Country and Community - A Road Trip in South East Australia
Join us out on a local journey, connecting with alternative, sustainable, and indigenous communities, and our incredible natural environment.
We’ll visit existing alternative communities, important indigenous sites, forests, and beaches; we’ll share stories and learn from locals about indigenous knowledge, sustainability, permaculture, living off-grid, and what it means to create and live in community.
We’ll travel via coaster bus, setting up our own camping accommodation along the way. When visiting communities we’ll make a contribution to current projects and get involved in return for some sit down conversations about the triumphs and challenges faced.
We’ll eat local produce, learn local ways, and connect with inspirational people spending just a few nights in each location.
How much will it cost? $1280 for the 10 the day journey, which includes all meals, transport, campsites, and engagements.
The trip will be departing from and arriving back at CERES in East Brunswick, Melbourne.
- What its like to live on an intentional community
- About permaculture and sustainability in action
- The ongoing relevence and importnance of sacred Indigenous sites
- Travel with a small group of like minded people
- Connect with land and community
- Build knowledge of sustainability in practice right here in Victoria.
- Through indigenous guidance foster a deep connection to land and country
- Tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping cup bowl and cutlery.
- Enough comfortable and casual clothes for 10 days along with sturdy footwear
- An open heart and mind
Casual and comfortable clothes for sitting in the bus, working in the garden or walking through the forests.